Friday 30 November 2012

Dads Matter Too - the DVD

At this month’s conference I met Kim Parker and her two colleagues from Cornwall.  They are also committed to working with young fathers-to-be and I gave her some of the few remaining copes of the DVD.  I’ve just had a wonderful email from her, which I quote with her permission:

"I showed the DVD in the Childcare group that I am teaching and they thought it was great and could not get the song out of their heads. I found it really useful when talking about the importance of making partnerships with parents and especially relationships with fathers.

I have also placed 2 of the DVDs in the Health Promotions resource library where different agencies can borrow resources to support their groups. 

Julian and myself are going to incorporate the DVD in our Dads programme too and a Dads group in Camborne down here have also asked if they can borrow a copy to show the Dads.”


It’s great to have confirmation that, despite being made four years ago, it is still relevant.

No comments: